Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Beauty Tips Tuesday - Soda Pop Saga


Good bye
Coke Zero. Farewell to thee and all of your soda friends. This chick has finally come to her senses and realized that a six pack a day is truly an addiction. No more will I reach for you in the early hours of my day for a jump start and then every 2 hrs after. No more will I scour the sales adds to find you for the cheapest price, and bring you home in bulk (you take up a heck of a lot of room you know!) Yes, I have decided to give you up. Let you go. Be set free from this madness! I know that you have compromised my teeth due to your sweet acidity. I know that my bones are suffering and my skin is not as radiant as it could be, (thanks to all of that water purging caffeine of yours). I won't even begin to touch on your suspect ingredients list, I have enough on you to know that I need to reacquaint myself with my Brita pitcher. Interestingly enough, my addiction to you started when I began a weightloss program some two years ago. You seemingly helped me along my way to losing 38 lbs. But back then I didn't depend on you so much and well... now I depend on you a lot and I gained back 15 of those lbs! So today it begins. It is already mid afternoon, and I have only had one Coke Zero. That is a good start I think. I know it to be wise to slowly wean yourself off of caffeine, so I have stocked up on coffee and tea. What to do about that insatiable desire for carbonated loveliness? My wonderful husband came home armed with some bubbly H2O to help strengthen my defenses! And so it begins...
who wants to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Soft drinks are so bad and the soft drinks with the fake sugar are worst. Drink green tea more than coffee if you can. You can do it :)
What I like about soda is the ice cold and the carbonation. So when I get a craving for that, I get some ice cubes in a glass add some oj or grapefruit juice and then add a little naturally flavored lime or lemon mineral water. It's so refreshing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so so bad with sodas. Living with a boy that drinks multiple cans a day doesn't help. I can resist when I don't have any, but that case on the kitchen floor is so tempting!

We need to start stocking up on Tea Source tea (cheaper than soda to boot) and making ourselves iced tea. Tea is sooooo much better for you.