Monday, February 9, 2009

Polka Dots and Peep Toes. . .

Inspiration can come from just about anywhere, and yesterday it came from these really cute polka dot peep toe pumps I bought awhile ago, but have yet to wear. It is the middle of Winter here in Minnesota, so these shoes won't make it outside until late Spring, but I caught a glimpse of them when I was putting away one of my clutches in the closet. (I use a few of those inexpensive canvas shoe holders that hang from your closet rod to stash my little purses and seasonal shoes.) Anyway, I remembered I hadn't worn them yet because of the lack of accessories to go along with them. So I had myself a brainstorming session and in no time found myself at the craft store. I needed to snag a couple of yards of fabric anyway to complete a project, and who really needs a "reason" to go the the craft store? I could walk the isles for hours :) A few minutes into my search and I stumble upon these adorable micro dot fabrics! I initially was only looking for red, but they were just too delicious to walk away from, so I quickly snapped up every color I could find! It was overcast today, so I couldn't take any decent pictures of all the goodies I made, but if it is sunny tomorrow, I will share photos of what I will soon be offering in my shop

2 comments:

Cathy from said...

How adorable! I love polka dots and with red it's even better! YES, it's been so cloudy, I know what you mean, because I prefer natural too.

Great idea to do a give away in celebration of your blog, just just might have to do something similar! ☺
Cathy

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Red & white always looks so summer like!

Love the shoes...only in my wildest dreams could I once again wear pumps like that! Too many years in retail management walking around department stores have me in what my brother calls my 'practical shoes'. How sad is that?!?

Love how you were inspired! Very, very cute!