Thursday, February 26, 2009

If my "Monthly gift" is truly a gift, can I get a gift receipt?

Today is just one of those days. Most of us by now have learned the ins and outs of managing our monthly "gifts" (as Tampax likes to call it); not letting our symptoms put a hitch in our step, but every once in a while it will get the best of you. Every woman has a day now and then and today is mine. Tired, moody, unmotivated, and a sweet tooth that is out of control. And today, I know that I must keep a box of tissues handy, because there will most likely be spontaneous crying. Well, probably not crying, but I know there will be some tear welling and gulping down of throat lumps. And yes, they will probably be spurred by a song on the radio, or a commercial with puppies or playing children(or some other ridiculousness), or maybe a dooms day update on the economy. (Though if I get that update from Anderson Cooper, I might just smile a little through my tears.)

In light of my mood today I leave you to watch this.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I outsmarted her with surgery - no more 'gifts' ever!!

But she's such a bi**h, she got revenge... now she presents me with tropical heat waves every night...